Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Procrastination. ..or Motivation Constipation

I don't know what it is about me, but tomorrow has become my new favorite day. Unfortunately tomorrow never comes for me. I have soooo many projects started with goo intentions and I can't seem to get motivated to do any of them. The most important are some art projects for a consulting job I have. I have put them off for almost four weeks and they will need to ship soon. Not to mention some art projects for friend si had lined up. Some of my MOTIVATION CONSTIPATION stems from a genuine busy schedule and another part is straight up apathy. Maybe it's because I know I won't be getting paid to do the work I'm doing and money is tight. Or maybe it is more fun to go to lunch with friends or talk to them on the phone then sit behind a computer screen typing in information about an event that I won't even be attending. Sometimes I think it's more important to spend time with family. Sometimes I'm saving my son from trying to kill himself as he's climbing on the couch or going after the dog's toy. Sometimes I'm keeping him from throwing things in the toilet or splashing in the dog's water dish. Sometimes I just need a nap or I need to eat. Whatever the case I can come up with a million excuses as to why I have MOTIVATION CONSTIPATION and yet none of them are good enough to justify me wasting even more time typing out this blog entry or chatting on yahoo or whatever else I can think of the keep from doing the task at hand. Does anyone else suffer from this? Is there laxitive for this. . .I don't know, maybe that's my problem and I'm too relaxed already. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment