Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ironing

Today my rant will pose the question, "What is with all the ironing". Maybe it's because I suffer from MOTIVAITON CONSTIPATION or maybe it's becuase it is inane and annoying, but I hate ironing. I can iron a shirt for 15 minutes and it will look like I haven't touched it at all. Although I am getting better with my husband's dress shirts since his job requires them. But i guess my number one frustration with ironing are those people who iron everything. They iron their jeans. They iron their sheets. They iron their t-shirts. I even know people who iron their undies. What is the big deal!! Some will say it is more comfortable to sleep in ironed sheets. . .can you really tell the difference after the second night. Do they change their sheets everyday so they don't sleep on wrinkly ones? And aren't blue jeans supposed to feel worn. I had one friend who would starch them so much that they could probably stand on their own. I like my jeans soft and comfortable and without pleats ironed into them. And don't even get me started on the people who iron their underwear. . .that makes no sense to me at all. No one's gonna see them (hopefully) and if undies fit properly, won't they smooth out and no wrinkles will show. Maybe these people have a strange Obsessive Ironing Compulsion. I think I'll call it OIC or "Oh ick" for me. If anyone can explain this to me, PLEASE do so. Maybe for me it's just MOTIVATION CONSTIPATION as I said before, but come on, there are only so many hours in a day. And life is short. When I die and stand before St. Peter at the pearly gates and he asks me what I did with my life, I don't want to say, "Well, I spent the majority of it ironing my undies and bedsheets. . ." Enjoy life. Be comfortable. Throw the iron away!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment