Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Am Messed Up!

Have you ever had that moment in your life when you think you have got it all under control and then along comes God and flips you totally upside down. Well, that would be me this last month or so. God is doing something. He's got something working in that brain of His. I'm not sure what the plan is or what is going to happen next. And, although I am totally messed up by this, there is an air of excited and anticipation about it all. What can a person do when God steps in and messes up the plan? What can a person say? God says, "My ways are not your ways and My thoughts are not your thoughts!" I guess this is where faith comes. If we could just set our plans and goals and dreams aside for just a few moments and focus on the desires of God's heart and mind, what would happen? What miraculous thing would happen in our lives and our ministries? Would we be so attached to the ordinary that we dig our fingernails in and like a spoiled child kick our feet and scream. .. NOOOOOO! I like Ordinary Land! I like the Status Quo and what I have accomplished! Or would we wallow in the presence of God seeking more of Him and desiring that we cast ourselves aside. Do we truly realize that it is not about us, that it is not about our ministry or our position or about what we think we want? Do we truly grasp the Big Picture? Oh that I may be messed up on a daily basis. That I might see God for who and what He truly is without placing Him in a box labeled "my way or the highway!" That I will free God up to do what only He is capable of doing. Do I realize that He doesn't need my help or input? Mess me up!! This uncomfortable place is changing me into what you want. . .there is a shifting taking place in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. i have wondered a lot if it is worth all the plannin gand schedualing and scheeming. I can't really keep up with the ways of change and am worn out with trying. i also find it hard to have that,faith" thing in light of the fact that nothing seems to be certain.
    how should one ballance the holding on to in faith and the letting go of in faith?
    I'... Read Moreve about decided to stop planning and making efforts. Just live with what comes today and not worry about His will for the future. He says he will give me light for my feet and a flashlight to the path indicating that I'll know easily when I'm off.

    ReplyDelete