Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Marriage Musts #5 - Be Best Friends

Be each others' best friend. Always confide in your spouse. I have friends of the opposite sex, but they don't know my inner most thoughts and feelings. My heart and its contents belong to my spouse. When I have an issue with my spouse, he hears it from me. I confide in him and he in me. We know each others' passwords, have access to each others' accounts. We have no... reason to hide anything from each other. There are not secrets. (Except for the contents of Christmas or other holiday presents ;)) Confiding in friends of the opposite sex can cause so many issues and could lead to an emotional affair. Give your spouse a chance to be your shoulder to cry on, the ear to listen and the sounding board to bounce ideas off. You are there to lift each other up and encourage each other. Todd and I are best friends and there is no one I would rather confide in. . .even if it is about him

No comments:

Post a Comment