Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I Surrender!"... Do I Really Mean It?

I Surrender All, Take My Life... these are a couple of songs we sing at church. You know, "Take my life, Take all of Me, Take everything, It's all for You, Take my dreams, Take all my fears, Take Everything, It's all for You", but what happens when He actually takes you up on the suggestion? What if one morning you wake up and you have no job, no place to live, your dreams have been taken away and all that is left is just you, your family and God, with no clue what is going to happen next? Will you still stand firm and say, "It's all for you, take everything I am" or will you suddenly be angry with God and pout and blame Him for your lack of faith? Trust me this is more challenging than you think. In today's economy with unemployment rates sky high and housing almost impossible to find it's easy to ask God what His motives and plans are. However, we must remember that the Lord gives and takes away; that His ways are higher than our ways and that He promises to never leave us or forsake us. So, my challenge to you is this, when you sing these songs think about what you sing. Do you really surrender everything to Him? Is everything that you do really all for Him? Or are you just caught up in the moment?

4 comments:

  1. What song is this and who is it by? Have been looking for it for quite some time. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. It is by Klaus Kuehn and sung by Kari Jobe. I believe it was on a Gateway Worship CD. Hope this helps. Thanks for reading my post!

      Delete
  2. This song is Surrender (Take My Life), by Kelly Delp and Nathan LaGrange. You can listen this song performed by Lakeview Worship here: http://grooveshark.com/#!/profile/Lakeview+Worship/22250177

    ReplyDelete